So much has changed since we last met at our Family Day Skate. We may not have met in person, but the WLPCA Board has been working hard on your behalf. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- Discussions on vacant buildings on Clarkson Rd (at train tracks) with Councillor Ras and property owners
- Noise By-law deputation to City Council and a press release about proposed changes, which were not provided for community consultation.
- WLPCA has been active with the Mississauga Residents’ Associations Network (Miranet) to raise residents’ concerns with proposed changes to Mississauga’s Noise Control By-law. Miranet is presently drafting concerns for review by the Mayor and Members of Council for Mississauga as the Council considers public comments amid prospective legislative change.
- WLPCA is engaged to assist Miranet in preparing its comments on the proposed revisions to the Noise Control By-Law. Residents have concern that some of the proposed changes (e.g. expansion of the time frames in which noise will be legally tolerated) may have detrimental effects on the quality of life of residents in Lorne Park and may ultimately permit further nuisance from noise and noise pollution. Members interested in this matter are encouraged to contact email@example.com for information on how volunteer efforts can be made.
- Letter to the Mayor about running of Council meeting and a press release
- Covid-19 Items:
- Virtually attending the Mayor’s update meetings
- Virtually attending bi-weekly Councillor update meetings
- Virtually attending weekly Council meetings
- Letter to politicians against Airbnb pandemic relief
- Asking Council questions about pandemic’s impact to budget
- Following up with Councillor on park signage, lack of physical distancing, speeding, and garbage in public spaces
- Providing daily COVID-19 statistics
- Providing updates from Peel Health
- Providing updates from Peel District Board of Education
- Providing updates on neighbourhood activities
JOIN OUR BOARD
WLPCA is expanding our Board!
We’re looking for Lorne Park residents to join our volunteer Board of Directors and assist with our mission to enhance, engage, and promote our community.
• Are you passionate about our neighbourhood?
• Would you like to engage with neighbours to plan and run events?
• Would you like to engage with local community leaders?
Creativity, enthusiasm, knowledge of finance, event planning, or marketing is a plus. Prior Board experience is an asset but not mandatory. If you or someone you know is interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.